Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mashups Storm The Academy!

I'm interviewed in:

Mashnography: Creativity, Consumption, and Copyright in the Mashup Community

By Liam McGranahan
A Dissertation Submitted in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the Program in Music: Ethnomusicology at Brown University

is now available in all it's 249-page glory here:

http://mashupresearch.blogspot.com/2010 ... ished.html

It may even become a book. After Liam sent me the link, I wrote:

Hi Liam:

I read through your paper, and it is the best work yet on the subject. The crucial difference between your work and the usual clueless media handling of the subject is the time you spent inside the mashup world: careful listening to the music, and getting to know us.

Admitedly, I didn't read it all word-for-word (I skipped thru some of the academic-speak!), but even in the context of an academic paper, your passion for the music came thru loud and clear. I hope this does become a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment